Shepherds of Good Hope Responds to COVID-19
As the COVID-19 situation unfolds in Ottawa, Shepherds of Good Hope is working around-the-clock to provide essential support and care to women and men experiencing homelessness. As part of our effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the well being of our community’s most vulnerable in our shelter and supportive housing we have had to modify the delivery of our services:
- The shelter and soup kitchen is only open to scheduled volunteers, staff, and clients
- The supportive housing residences are only open to staff and residents
- We are currently not accepting drop-offs of in-kind donations until further notice, however if you are a commercial donor we ask that you contact our Community and Volunteer Services team
- We have curtailed non-essential services such as our evening drop-in program
- We have limited meal sittings to 50 people at a time in our soup kitchen
Shepherds of Good Hope staff will continue to review these changes on an ongoing basis. The well-being of our clients and residents in our shelters and supportive housing, community members who rely on us for basic needs like food, volunteers, partners who help provide our many essential services, and our employees who provide exceptional support to our vulnerable populations is our top priority.
In this extraordinary time, we appreciate the understanding of our clients and the community. We are all Shepherds, and at times like this we have to lean on each other to be able to get through. We know many families are struggling, but if you are able, our community’s homeless need you now more than ever. Your generous support in this time of need will ensure that these essential activities continue. Thank you for your continued support.
Homes for all. Community for all. Hope for all.