Letter to Community Members about COVID-19 Precauionary Measures
Dear Community Members,
As the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 continues to unfold in Ottawa we want you to know that Shepherds of Good Hope is taking all precautionary measures possible. We have been working collaboratively with the four largest shelters, health agencies, and Ottawa Public Health to establish appropriate health and safety measures for everyone who interacts with our organizations.
The well-being of our clients, residents donors, volunteers, partners and employees who provide exceptional support to our vulnerable populations is our top priority.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19 and the vulnerable population that use our services, Shepherds of Good Hope will not be accepting in-kind donation drop-offs or visitors to any of our facilities until further notice.
OPH Recommendations for Everyone:
As a reminder, you can help Stop the Spread of Germs, including the flu and the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), by practicing healthy habits:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
– Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
– If possible, stay home if you are sick
– Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
– It is still recommended to get your flu shot if you haven’t already as the flu virus is still circulating in the community
As a community, we understand it will take a collective commitment with all our partners to manage this ever-changing situation to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to provide timely updates through our website, and social media channels.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work collaboratively and take measured steps in consultation with health experts to respond to this complex situation.
President and CEO
Shepherds of Good Hope
Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation